- Robert D. Clifton - Incumbent freeholder, former Mayor of Matawan. Clifton is completing his first three - year term on the board.
- Anna C. Little - Incumbent Freeholder, former Highlands Borough Councilwoman. She is completing the one - year unexpired term of Amy H. Handlin, who resigned from the Board after taking a seat in the State Assembly.
- J. David Hiers - Ocean Township Committeeman, former fire chief. Hiers had thrown his hat in the ring last year, but later withdrew and endorsed the candidacy of Howell Mayor Joseph DiBella.
- Brian J. Reilly - Spring Lake Borough Councilman. Reilly also ran last year; after being defeated on the first ballot at the April 8th Convention he endorsed Andrew Lucas, who got the nomination.
- A possible fifth candidate may file with Puharic today. UPDATE! Will Seward says it might be Freehold Township Committeeman Anthony Ammiano, who served as Mayor for 2006. UPDATED UPDATE!!! It's Marlboro Township Committeeman Jeff Cantor.
Candidates are expected to undergo background checks, for which they are asked to pay up to $1,000. There was talk that it would be up to $2,000, but the amount has been clarified in today's (2/2/07) Asbury Park Press by Chairman Puharic.